Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year!



We have been really into the holiday spirit around the ole Cohen Casa. Yesterday the SF Cohen's checked out after a week stay with us. Aidan keeps wondering when they are coming back, as he loves to play with the girls. I know what you are thinking, "house guests for a week!" ... but it was awesome. Dan and Nancy were a super help with the kids and each day we had a fun activity. Esme and Jaxi love to entertain baby Blake and Ione cooked dinner every night. (joke ... Ione is 2 going on 10) It doesn't hurt that we have plenty of room for 2 families.

During the week we heading to Aidan's favorite train destination - CARPINTERIA! It is a 15 minute train ride to Carp, then we walk to Esau's for breakfast and ride the train back to Santa Barbara. The whole clan came! Grand Maise, Hannah, Emma, Esme, Jaxi, Ione ... even Auntie Cat and Auntie Deb joined us for breakfast. It was great! I highly recommend this trip to any SB folk looking for a fun outing.

Lastly, Blake eats! I have been putting off the food for Blake, but it feels like it is time to start. Since he is pretty much a boob fed guy, the introduction of solids is a welcomed relief for Mike. Blake hasn't been very good at taking a bottle, but now Mike can fill him with rice cereal if Momma is out.
I have to say that the breastfeeding months seem to be going by much faster this time. It is hard to believe Blake is old enough to eat. Oh ... is case you are wondering, Blake had his 4 month check up right before Christmas and is over the 97% percentile on all fronts. He was just shy of 22 pounds and over 27 inches long. He currently is outgrowing his 1 year clothes.
One final note, I turned 35 this week and celebrated by coloring my hair. Oh .. I am old. oh well. Happy new year to all!

No comments: