Sunday, April 01, 2007
Aidan's first sign!
Saturday Aidan gave me his first clear sign! I have been doing basic sign language with him for weeks or months now, waiting patiently for Aidan to pick it up. It was amazing when, after eating lunch, Aidan clearly signed to me that he was "all done." This has been the most consistent sign I give him. After giving me the sign at lunch, he did it again at dinner, after nursing and when he didn't want a diaper change. Mike was battling to get Aidan to be still for a diaper change and Aidan started crying and signing "all done, all done." It is amazing how much his little mind picks up.
Mike and I will have to start working on the signs for "more" and "eat" now. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be able to communicate with Aidan. It is frustrating to not know what is wrong or what he wants to do. I was so impressed with my friend Becky's son, Nate, when they visited. Nate is two and a great signer. Instead of crying or grabbing, Nate would just sign to us what he wanted. It inspired me to stick with it. It is a great tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment