Monday, January 14, 2008

Into the New Year





So much has happened and I am sorry I have been slow in updating the blog. I think I have been overwhelmed with all the things I should be posting. We had a great time at Christmas. Aidan has enough toys for about 4 kids now -- He is quickly outgrowing some of his baby toys, so I think we will need to box up some things soon. He loves cars and trucks and rolls then all over the house making siren and car noises. It is really cute.

Aidan is starting to do lots of talking. He picks up new words every day -- airplane, car, train, puppy, cereal, cheese, shoes, jacket, pants ... too many words to list. We are also starting potty training. We have had 2 pees in the pot. Aidan says "poop" when he is pooping now, but if I ask if he wants to sit on the potty, he always says "no." We are trying to keep the potty a positive things, so we aren't forcing it. We did buy him a potty video, which he enjoys.

The whole family suffered the stomach flu a little over a week ago. It was the worst 2 days in recent memory. Aidan came down with it first, then 2 days later I got it and within an hour Mike had it too. Our poor babysitter came to our rescue and then she got it. It was impossible to contain. We are all a few pounds lighter, but luckily we had a little extra from the holidays.

We also suffered some terribly sad news this holiday. My dear friend Erin gave birth to her daughter Dec 21st, Ella Rose. Ella had not been expected so soon and her tiny lungs could not support her beautiful little body. She was born still. Our thoughts and prayers have been with her and her husband Juan during the last few weeks.

We are looking ahead to 2008 and hoping for lots of wonderful new memories.

No comments: