Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big Momma, 33 weeks

These days I am getting really big. Aidan has started calling me "big momma" -- I am pretty sure he picked this up for Mike and didn't come up with it on his own. The weather here has been hot, so I have been drinking lots of water and spending time with Aidan soaking my feet in his kiddy pool. We celebrated Summer Solstice here yesterday. We had a great group of people stop by in the morning on the way to the parade. This year we opted out of the parade and park festival -- Aidan slept through most of it and the heat was too much for me.
I had my 32 week check up this past week and everything seems on track. My doctor is watching my growth closely, as I am measuring big. She wants to make sure this baby boy doesn't get too big, especially since 2nd babies tend to be bigger than 1st babies. (Aidan was 9 pounds) My next appointment is July 3rd and my doctor will decide then if I need an ultrasound to make sure everything is fine.
My doctor is also in the process of moving to a private practice, which I was happy to hear. She moves over as of August 1st. This means she will be the one to deliver me (instead of being in a rotation) as long as I make it into August. August seems really far off right now and I do have a feeling this baby will be early, but we'll see. One day at a time.




Here are a few great photos that our babysitter took of Aidan. She is a photography student, so we get the benefit of having Aidan be her model every once in awhile.

No comments: