
The last two weeks have gone by so fast. It has been great to see so many family members and friends. Blake's bris was last week and most of the Cohen's came to SB to celebrate with us. Aidan loved having all of his cousins at the house as playmates. Aidan's grandma "Nene" was here for a week and was a great help with Aidan, Blake, the food, the dishes and all the things that need to happen on a daily basis to keep this household going. Auntie Deb FILLED our fridge with food when we were at the hospital and Uncle Dave made sure the house was all clean for our arrival. We feel really blessed to have so many people helping us daily.
Aidan and Blake are a full time job for Mike and I right now. I am still recovering, but getting much better. I felt great this morning, but after a family outing this morning returned and realized I am still about 75%.
I am a little worried because Aidan starts preschool next week. With all the changes around here I fear the timing for preschool is a little off and hope that he doesn't have trouble adjusting. Mike is going to go with him his first day, so hopefully that will ease him into his new environment. I can't believe my baby is going to preschool in just a few days!
Blake is doing really well. He had his second doctor's appointment last Thursday and his weight is already up (10 lbs. 4 ounces) and he has grown 3/4 of an inch taller. He is eating and sleeping well, but I have had the hardest time getting him into his bassinet. He ALWAYS wakes up when I put him in it. He loves to snuggle in bed with Mama and Papa, which makes for a tough nights rest for me.
Mike had the night off Thursday and went to the Radiohead concert with his friend Dave Rosen, who just became a dad this month. I am looking forward to my night off in about ..oh a year. Happy Labor Day weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying the day off!
No comments:
Post a Comment