


What a day. Yesterday started off great. We took our friend Judy out to breakfast for her birthday. Aidan had a Mickey Mouse pancake. Then we went to the zoo for "Snow Day." We rode the train and saw some good friends. We had a great lunch and then the day took a turn for the worse.
Somehow the wiggle worm wiggled out of his seat and managed to bite through his tongue on the way down. The tongue bleeds quite a bit, so within seconds Aidan looked like a rapid dog with blood streaming from his mouth. We quickly gathered everything up and raced off to the ER. Aidan was very upset at this point because he really wanted to go to Judy's birthday party and knew that was not our destination. After we go to ER, Aidan was in pain and wanted to be carried and held, which I was happy to do ... UNTIL ... my back, which has been bothering me, went completely out. I couldn't walk, stand or move and was in terrible pain. So now I am in a wheelchair and Aidan is on a gurney.
Aidan was diagnosed and needed stitches, which meant he would need to be put under -- which meant we would have to wait 3 hours because we had just had lunch. I finally got some pain relief, but was all dazed and confused. Papa Mike was holding us together, trying to comfort everyone and change diapers. Blake was hanging strong, so our friends Cammie and Chad came to get him before he caught something. (Thanks guys!)
ADVICE... if you ever are in the ER and they need to find a vein on your young child, demand that a pediatric nurse come down and do the job. So, after three attempts to get Aidan's IV in (I'll let you use your imagination on that one, let's just say not fun), the nurses finally got someone to come down from pediatrics (who got it in right away). Aidan was so brave through the whole ordeal.
Mike and I stayed with Aidan throughout the surgery and were with him when he woke. He was so brave and strong. He goes back to the doctor on Wednesday and will be able to eat soft solids this evening, liquid diet until then. The doctor seemed pretty confident that his tongue would fully recover. So, say a little prayer that he doesn't get an infection and Aidan should be 100% soon.
As for my back, well ... I am on pain killers right now. The doctor was concerned about my breastfeeding, so we are waiting to see if it gets better before taking more drugs. I am hoping some yoga and stretching will help too. That's the scoop for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment