



Today was Blake's first birthday. It is really hard to believe that an entire year has gone by since he joined us -- and then it feels like he has always been a part of our family. We celebrated with a party last Saturday, so there wasn't much fan fare today. I made Blake pancakes and bananas for breakfast, his favorite. We had pizza tonight with friends and sang to Blake.
Blake is walking everywhere now, usually with some random toy or plastic thing in his hand or mouth. He is a great climber and loves to get on top of chairs to look out the window or survey his surroundings. He is starting to say words -- Mama, bath, all done, nana (banana), etc. He says "dadada" a lot, but since we all call Mike papa, I think dada means Aidan. Aidan and Blake are becoming pals. I love coming to the table after leaving them alone for a few minutes and finding them chirping away at one another. They make clicking noises with their tongues at one another and babble.
The party Saturday was really wonderful. My cousin Brian and his partner, Michael, flew all the way from Sacramento to be here. It was wonderful to see them. I wish we had a chance to spend more time together. The SF Cohens made the drive down and even stayed in Aidan's room one night -- his first sleep over. My mom, Grand Maise and Pops all came. So we had a good turn out on the grandparent front. My Grandma Clara was going to make the trek, but unfortunately she is nursing a sore foot right now. All in all, we had a really great time. I am looking forward to lots more wonderful birhtday celebrations with my good boys! Sending kisses and hugs to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment