
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to everyone!
Mike and I had a great holiday season. Last night we had Mike's family over for a wonderful Hanukkah celebration. It was great to have all his brothers and sisters here including Andrew and Carolyn (Andrew has been working in Iraq and made the trip to Santa Barbara for the holidays). Esme and Jaxi stayed with us the last two nights. Our little nieces are growing into little girls. It makes me realize how fast babies become kids.
Last weekend we visited with the Soares clan in Los Banos. They are all very excited for the first great-grandchild. Grandma Mary gave us a wonderful antique quilt for the nursery. Then we went up to Napa for Christmas day. We had the luxury of staying in the new guest house .. I guess it pays to be pregnant, although Mike enjoyed the jacuzzi more than me. We got to have some baby practice time with little Eliot and Henry. I can't wait to see the fun three little boys will cause in a few years!
I have been feeling very good. The baby is active and kicking regularly. Those who are patient can feel his movements as well. He is most active in the mornings ... I guess he likes a good stretch in the am. Most of his development is in the lungs now and putting on baby fat. Over the next few weeks I should put on some weight (about a 1/2 lb. per week), oh joy. My weight has been fairly steady, though two weeks on vacation and the holidays didn't help.
Doctor Update
Unfortunately, I am going to be changing doctors after the new year. While I love my current doctor, she is pregnant and due in February. I could stay at the same practice, but I will just be put in a rotation of doctors which isn't what I'd prefer. I am excited about my new caregiver though. I will be at a practice with a midwife and physician. I have heard wonderful things about this midwife, so I am hopeful that she will be the one to guide us through our son's birth in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment