Here I am, not being the absent father-blogger. Things are coming along well, fingers crossed, knock on wood. Suzanne (known as Momma-san around here) is radiant and beautiful. She has changed her roll from the slightly pregnant real estate agent, taking the lead in far more challenging roll of fully pregnant real estate agent and pending mother. Finally slowing down from her business mind and looking towards countdown.. D-day is coming friends and I am really scared now. Actually excited would be a better word. Kind of like being at the eddie above the big drop, you have to go, you want to go, you kind of want to stay, you pull out into the current and set your aim. Here we go, hold on, this is going to be great.
I am only guessing at the journey ahead, having anchored my research by asking dazed new fathers I happen upon on. I say, "so what's it like being a new dad and all?" The answers are unanimous, "the best thing to ever happen to me since I discovered beer... things change, but you can't wait to get home to be with your new baby.... get your sleep now and go see a movie.....". I realize that the divine plan includes the 40 week gestation to give the father time to get his mind around the idea of a new person coming home, no doubt about it, get ready. We can tell it is going to be interesting because he is already demonstrating his bad-ass kungfoo fighting style, right on Momma-sans' liver.
Suzanne takes it in stride. I could not ask for a better mother for my child, she is calm and prepared, optimistic and happy, ready for her new son. It takes work to build the next Jimmy Hendrix, somehow she is still so sweet about it all. So I enjoy the calm above the rapid, building cribs, gathering supplies, getting all set, having no idea what's in store. Looking forward to seeing my main man soon. He has chores to do!
Thanks for checking in. Much love, Poppa-san.
No comments:
Post a Comment