
This week I am considered "full term," which really means I still have 4 more weeks. If the baby were born now he should be just fine though. He is probably a little over 6 pounds and hopefully his lungs are fairly well development. He moves a little, but he is pretty well set in his position. No more room to roll around.
I have a few contractions every day. At first I was not sure if I was having contractions or if the baby was moving strangely, but now I can feel the difference. The contractions are deeper and have more pressure to them. They tend to come in sets, three or four at a time and then they disappear.
We haven't packed a hospital bag yet, but I am starting to think it might be a good idea. He will be here pretty soon.
Witnessing a Birth
Last Friday, my friend Christina provided me the privilege of witnessing the birth of her son (her third). It was really wonderful to see how natural the entire process can be. She did a stunning job; one I hope to mimic in some small way. Her midwives were so calm, her husband was a true partner in her work, and she was amazing. Seeing her birth has given me a little more confidence and put a few of my fears to rest. I know every birth is different, but at least I have some idea of what to expect. Our son will also have a little friend living only a few blocks away!
No comments:
Post a Comment