My goodness, almost a full year since my last post. Life has been busy, but I honestly have suffered from a type of "writers block" - I want to write, I have things to say, but I just have a hard time starting. This seems to be the case with many things right now. I want to get something done, but I have a hard time starting.
So - I guess I will just start. And maybe it will be crap, but at least I will be putting down words.
You may not know that I have always loved writing and secretly wished that I had real writing skills for years, marketable skills ;). I think Aidan shares that love. He is an avid journal writer and enjoys putting together essays and "papers" for his class projects. It is fun to see him discover his talents and use them. I know children with dyslexia often struggle with writing because they tend to fall back on the words they know how to spell and can put to paper easily, but Aidan is not afraid to write and express himself -- his writing is full of phonetically spelled words, that are often challenging to read. He sometimes uses dictation and loves formatting on his computer. I think because he is in a Montessori environment he is truly unafraid of making mistakes; so he is more fearless than I was at his age.
As for me, I have been well. The last 5 months have been uneventful, giving me time to focus on getting healthy mentally and physically. I am starting to get more restless. I dedicated myself to our children's school for the last 3 months and worked closely with the board and MPO. But I think I will need to look for something else soon - a project. Nothing has caught my fancy yet, but I have a few ideas rolling around in my noggin. :) Something will take flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment